Adding meals to your Acai Berry Diet
We have put together several tastey meals that include the acai berry in them. As every resource continues to talk about the benefitis of the acai berry its important that we use the information practically in our lives. This way we can help our children and familes maintain their health by just including the acai berry in their diets.
We have taken existing foods and modified the recipes to include the acai berry.
* 3 pints fresh Acai Berries
* 1/2 cup white sugar
* 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
* 4 teaspoons baking powder
* 2 tablespoons white sugar
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/3 cup shortening
* 1 egg
* 2/3 cup milk
* 2 cups whipped heavy cream
1. Slice the Acai berries and toss them with 1/2 cup of white sugar. Set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Grease and flour one 8 inch round cake pan.
3. In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder, 2 tablespoons white sugar and the salt. With a pastry blender cut in the shortening until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Make a well in the center and add the beaten egg and milk. Stir until just combined.
4. Spread the batter into the prepared pan. Bake at 425 degrees F (220 degrees C) for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool partially in pan on wire rack.
5. Slice partially cooled cake in half, making two layers. Place half of the Acai berries on one layer and top with the other layer. Top with remaining Acai berries and cover with the whipped cream.
Acai Berry Pies
* 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
* 4 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
* 1/8 teaspoon salt
* 1 cup white sugar
* 4 cups Acai berries
* 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
* 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). Place bottom crust in piepan. Set top crust aside, covered.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine tapioca, salt, sugar, acai berries and extracts. Let stand 15 minutes. Turn out into bottom crust and dot with butter. Cover with top crust, flute edges and cut vents in top. Place pie on a foil lined cookie sheet — in case of drips!
3. Bake for 50 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown.
These are just a couple of the thousands of wonderful things you can make for your family. They are incredibly healthy by including antioxidants, vitamins and minerals in the food. They are sweet super health treats. Your family will enjoy them, and its up to you to tell them that they’re eating health food.